Sunday, February 28, 2010

Many Hands Make Light Work

Today, a little over a year since the Transcript project was birthed, I wanted to take a moment to give a special thank you to the many individuals who have contributed to the Unfettered Transcripts effort, and without whose hard labor this transcription would not have been possible.

First off, I would like to recognize Janet H., Mary S., Ann Braun, and Tracy Ormond, who have been performing a variety of roles as needed, but always working regularly in the background, transcribing and auditing month in and month out as their lives permit. These four "founding transcribers" have been working since the beginnings of the UM Transcript project.

And no less important, but simply either newer to the team or of more modest contribution, I'd like to thank Fred Binchy, Loren Enders, Carolyn Bremer, Marc Clark, and Ann Hill. Thank you each for joining us.

If I have forgotten anyone, please forgive me and let me know and will gladly update my thanks.

I'd also like to express special thanks to Valerie Brewster, who not only helps coordinate the many transcript-related projects, but who has also shared her skills and expertise in publishing and proofreading the transcripts before they hit the web, as well as keeping me on my toes by asking the hard questions.

And last, I can't help but express my gratitude to my teacher, Ken McLeod, who has made all of this possible. I feel blessed many times over for these opportunities to learn and to serve all beings.

Namaste,

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment